Friday, January 23, 2009

Y Couloir-Little CC


After being totally inspired by the straight chuter blog, I have been itching to go hiking. I decided on the Y Couloir to scratch my itch. I've never hiked this chute before so I wanted to explore it before a inviting any friends.
It was super warm and it actually rained a little bit on the way up. I made it to the first Y, which took a about 70 minutes. The snow was getting pretty wet so I wasn't feeling totally comfortable with the conditions. The chute was about 40 wide so making turns was no problem. There were a few rock bands in two places which kept the decent interesting. I've be back to finish this Couloir later in the year.

1 comment:

JB said...

THAT is where you wanted me to go with you?!?!? I think it is a good thing I wasn't able to cut it. Let me know when you want to hit Bear Trap again.

JB